Do I need a ReOC?
You always need to be working under a ReOC. A Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC) authorises a business to conduct RPAS operations for profit or commercial gain. To be accredited, a business must show that they have met mandatory requirements set by CASA and have a suitable organisational culture and business model for safe Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) Operations.

Do I need both RePL and ReOC if I am a sole trader?
You need to have both licences if you are a sole trader.
The RePL is your individual licence to fly, where as the ReOC is the business licence. The ReOC allows you to gain approvals to work outside the Standard Operating Conditions.

Can I get a RePL without an AROC?
Should a RePL holder not have an AROC, they will have limitations to their licence such as not being able to obtain approvals to fly above 120m, closer than 30m to people or within 5.5km of controlled aerodrome.

Do I need an Aviation Reference Number?
Yes prior to making any application with CASA, you will be required to obtain an Aviation Reference Number (ARN), CASA form 1162. This is CASA’s system of maintaining and tracking all correspondence related to you and your operations.

How do I apply for an ARN (Aviation Reference Number)?
If you are an individual who needs an ARN, you need to complete an application form (Form 1162). If you are a company you need to complete Form 1170. You should forward the form, together with a clear and legible copy of one piece of identification to CLARC. You can forward these papers by mail to CLARC, CASA, GPO Box 2005, Canberra ACT 2601, by fax to 1 300 737 187 (+61 2 6217 1899 if faxing from outside of Australia) or by emailing to clarc@casa.gov.au

Where can I do the course?

We have regular courses in all major capital cities, including Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Cairns, Kiama. Please see our Course Schedule for all upcoming available dates.
We have delivered courses at locations around Australia and can schedule at almost any location, subject to demand. 

Do I need to provide my own drone?
Throughout the Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) course you will use our Phantom 3 Professionals for all training and assessment. You are more than welcome to bring your own drone to do extra practice outside of class time.

How long will it take me to gain my RePL and ReOC?
Once you have met all the requirements for the Remote Pilot Licence training it is approximately it will take 2 weeks for issue, does vary due to CASA and RPAS Training process time.

The approximately time for ReOCs can vary due to submission process and review via the delegate authority or CASA. Approximate time: 3-4 months, please note for non-complex operations the process can be fast-tracked, for further information please contact us. 

How to book my course?
Please complete our Contact form and we will send you further booking information.

Do you offer discounts?
We offer discounts if you are able to pay within 7 days of booking, please contact us to find out more. 

How many tests or exams do I need to sit?
During the Remote Pilot licence, you will do an Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) exam, Final Exam, English Language Proficiency test (verbal exam), and a Practical Flight test.

What if I fail an exam?
Should you fail a component of the RePL, you will be able to resit it for no additional cost once at a time convenient to both you and the trainer.

Am I able to get a licence for a Fixed Wing?
We can do Fixed Wing Operation (Practical Type) Training in NSW and WA. Please contact us directly to enquire about our next available dates.

Am I able to get a licence for the 7-25kg Multi-Rotor category?
We can do Operation (Practical Type) Training in NSW for the 7-25kg Multi-Rotor variation. Please contact us directly to enquire about our next available dates.

Do I need insurance to operate?
Once you have obtained a ReOC you will be required to have Aviation Insurance – we recommend QBE Insurance.

I am operating a Sub 2kg Drone under the Standard Operating Conditions, do you have a course to assist with this?
We offer a Drone Flyer 101 Sub 2kg Workshop which will help you to gain better understanding of the CASA laws, Standard Operating Conditions, RPA safety and flight training. Please contact us directly to enquire about our next available dates.

Enquire Now