The Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) course is the easiest way to start flying your RPA (aka Drone) commercially in Australia.
A Remote Pilot License course requires BOTH theory & practical components of flying an RPA in a series of lessons to complete the course.
There are two ways to gain your RePL:
- If you have no prior aviation knowledge, you will need to complete a Remote Pilot Licence course with an RPAS Training Provider.
- If you have previously completed a Private Pilot Theory exam or hold a PPL, CPL, HPL or ATPL, you will need to do an Operation (Practical Type) Training.
RPAS Training & Solutions is a CASA approved Training Provider for both options for RePL certification.
You still require the company that you will fly for to hold a CASA issued RPA Operator’s Certificate (ReOC) in order to fly commercially.
Completion of our RePL course will allow you to fly any multi-rotor <7 kg. That can be a DJI Phantom, Inspire or a Mavic etc as long as it is below 7 kg. At select locations we can also provide variation certification for multi-rotors <25 kg or fixed-wings <7 kg. We don’t just train you to get the tick but focus on creating a professional aviation culture.
For those WITHOUT prior aviation experience,
We offer 2 options for Remote Pilot Licence courses
5-DAY THEORY AND PRACTICAL TRAINING
- Courses are scheduled in major capital cities each week.
- All course training materials provided.
- Study online with access to our RePL theory course videos (if you wish).
- The 5 day course consists of:
- RePL Theory training in the classroom
- AROC Radio Certificate with English Language Proficiency Test
- RePL Theory assessment
- Flight Training and Assessment
- Once all is complete, your paperwork will be sent to CASA and your RePL will be received within 2 weeks.
- We keep the class as small as possible with a maximum of 6 people.
ONLINE THEORY WITH 2-DAY PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
- Receive study materials by mail.
- Study online with access to our RePL theory course videos (currently being updated).
- Complete our online practice exams to complete self-assessments.
- Practice the manoeuvres for the flight assessment.
- If you require assistance, our instructors can assist.
- Book the 2 day practical assessment at your nearest capital city once you are comfortable with your knowledge,.
- The 2 day practical assessment consists of the AROC Radio Certificate, English Language Proficiency test, Final Exam and the Flight Assessment.
- Once online theory, 2 day assessment is complete, your paperwork will be sent to CASA and your RePL will be received within 2 weeks.
MUST HAVE 15 HOURS OF LOGGED FLIGHT TIME and NOT AVAILABLE FOR CHIEF PILOTS
For those WITH prior aviation experience,
We offer Operation (Practical Type) Training for initial or variation Remote Pilot Licencing in the following categories:
Multirotors 7kg-25kg (NSW)
Fixed Wing <7kg (NSW)
OPERATION (PRACTICAL TYPE) TRAINING:
Applicants who have completed the PPL Theory Exam or hold a PPL, CPL, HPL or ATPL would be eligible for Operation (Practical Type) Training.
- Type Training Assessments consists of a theory component and a practical flying assessment.
- The course is a one to two day course (dependent on flying experience).
- The topics included in the course are:
- Multirotor Systems or Fixed Wing Systems
- LiPo Battery Management
- Maintenance and operations
- Safety and Risk Management
- Practical flying assessment
- Courses are scheduled in major capital cities, please contact us for next availabilities.
- Once all is complete, you will be issued with a Certificate and information on CASA submission.
VARIATION TO EXISTING REPL LICENCE (OPERATION ONLY):
Applicants who have previously completed RePL training are eligible to add a type variation of the Multirotor 7kg-25kg or Fixed Wing <7kg.
- Variation Training Assessments consist of a type-specific theory component and a practical flying assessment.
- The course is a one to two day course. (Dependent on flying experience).
- Please enquiry directly for next availability.
RePL Course syllabus:
- RTS001 RPA Aerodynamics Rotary
- RTS002 Navigation
- RTS003 Energy Management LiPo Batteries
- RTS004 RPA Air Law
- RTS005 Multi-Rotor Under 7 kg
- RTS006 AROC and ELP
- RTS007 Meteorology
- RTS008 Human Factors
- RTS009 Risk Assessment
- RTS010 Flight Assessment
Other RePL Requirements:
AVIATION REFERENCE NUMBER
Prior to making any application with CASA, you will be required to obtain an Aviation Reference Number (ARN), CASA form 1162. This is CASA’s system of maintaining and tracking all correspondence related to you and your operations.
5 HOURS OF LOGGED FLIGHT TIME
You need to have logged at least 5 hours on each category type you will be flying. Logs should include the airframe used, flight location, duration of flight, batteries used, other comments (such as weather conditions).